Quality / Automation Engineer
“There’s a lot of automation that can happen that isn’t a replacement of humans but of mind-numbing behavior.” – Stewart Butterfield
At Insight Engines, quality and automation is a vital part of the technology and engineering team to deliver reliable and dependable services to our customers. We are looking for someone to help us build this large-scale data processing platform and be a part of quality/automation engineering.
But enough about us, let’s talk about you. Do you enjoy raising the bar on quality? How about automating your work so you can focus on the new? As an integral member of our technology team, you’ll test, automate, support our application, cloud and tools that together deliver the system that powers our groundbreaking natural language platform. You’ll wear many hats (no fedoras, please), touch many parts of our system, and have a significant impact on our products.
The kinds of problems you’ll work on include:
- Drive the testing process for our applications and cloud solution.
- Create robust tests for our unique natural language engine.
- Design, develop and automate test plans.
- Participate in design reviews and engineering processes.
- Work with DevOps to deploy & monitor our cloud solution.
- Delight customers with high quality support.
When applying, please tell us about your real-world QA and Automation experience. Women, People of Color, Minorities, and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply.
- BS, MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline, or 3+ years equivalent technology experience
- 3+ years of quality assurance (Debugging on Linux systems)
- 3+ years of automation experience (Python preferred)
- Cloud deployment experience on AWS, GCP, or equivalent is a plus
- Experience with Docker (Docker-Compose, Kubernetes is a plus)
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Open vacation policy
- Health care insurance
- Dental & vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Short-term & long-term disability insurance
- Health care FSA
- Transit & parking FSA
- Free lunch at SF office
- Flexible work hours
- Holiday time off