Last Updated: 2018-11-15
- Insight Engines collects personal information when you register for Insight Engines webcasts, request information from Insight Engines, visit Insight Engines pages, enter promotions, or otherwise provide us with information.
- Insight Engines automatically receives and records information when you use the Services, including on our server logs, from your browser including your IP address, Insight Engines cookie information, and the page(s) you have visited.
- Insight Engines may collect your information when we attend conferences, tradeshows or otherwise enable you to provide us with information via offline channels.
- We may collect or receive information about you from other sources, including through third party services and organizations to supplement information provided by you. This supplemental information allows us to verify information that you have provided to Insight Engines and to enhance our ability to provide you with information about our business, products, and Services. Insight Engines may also receive personal information from our business partners.
- Our primary purposes for the collection and processing of information are to provide our Services (to perform our contract with you), to improve our Services, to market the Services to you, and to enable you to enjoy and easily navigate our Services. In addition we may process your information to pursue our legitimate interests (e.g., fraud prevention, network and information security, research (including marketing research), and direct marketing), and as you otherwise consent.
Information We Share
- We Use Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers. The types of service providers (processors) to whom we entrust personal information include service providers for: (i) provision of IT and related services; (ii) provision of information you have requested and/or the Services; (iii) payment processing; (iv) advertising and marketing and (v) customer service activities.
- Business Partners. Insight Engines may share the information it collects with our business partners, and affiliates for our, our business partners’ and our affiliates’ internal business purposes or to provide you with a product or service that you have requested.
- Posting on the Services. Insight Engines may offer publicly accessible pages, social media channels, or community forums. You should be aware that, when you disclose information about yourself on these platforms, the Services may collect the information you provide in such submissions, including personal information. If you choose to submit content to any public area of the Services, such content will be considered “public” and will not be subject to the privacy protections set forth herein. We are not responsible for privacy practices of the other users who will view and use the posted information.
- Disclosures to Protect Us or Others (e.g., as Required by Law and Similar Disclosures). We may access, preserve, and disclose your personal information, other information and content if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (i) comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (ii) respond to your requests; (iii) protect yours’, ours’ or others’ rights, property, or safety; (iv) to enforce Insight Engines’ policies or contracts; (v) to collect amounts owed to Insight Engines; (vi) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (vii) if we, in good faith, believe that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable.
- Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of company assets, or transition of service to another entity, then your information may be transferred as part of such a transaction as permitted by law and/or contract.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a de-identified unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a website and is stored on your computer’s hard drive.
- Provide you with customized content.
- Keep track of preferences you specify while you are using Insight Engines’ products and services.
- Estimate and report our total audience size and traffic.
- Conduct research to improve Insight Engines content and services.
- Require you to reenter your Insight Engines password after a certain period of time has elapsed to protect you.
In addition to the first-party cookies we set, we use external services that set third-party cookies to:
- Enable information sharing across social media services.
- Provide you with targeted advertising in relevant contexts on external sites.
- Keep track of preferences you specify while you are using third-party services.
- Enable third parties to aggregate user behavior data and provide such research data to Insight Engines.
- Monitor and report on site and service usage across Insight Engines websites.
- Query third-party services such as Twitter for recently changed information.
If you would like to opt out of the cookies we employ on our websites or Services, you may do so by blocking, deleting, or disabling them as your browser or device permits.
We may use analytics service providers to collect information regarding visitor behavior and visitor demographics. We use information to help determine how to improve our Services, gauge user experience and response to changes in our Services, to develop content, and for internal research purposes.
- Google Analytics. We may use Google Analytics, a service provided by Google, Inc., to gather information about how users engage with our Services. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can opt out of Google’s collection and processing of data generated by your use of the Services by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
General Opt-Out (Right to Object to Processing and Withdraw Consent)
In some instances, you may have the right to opt out of and object to certain uses and disclosures of your personal information. Where you have consented to Insight Engines processing your personal information, you may withdraw that consent at any time and opt-out to further processing by contacting us as set forth below. However, if you opt-out or withdraw your consent, we may not be able to process your personal information for certain purposes.
Rights of Access, Restriction, Rectification, and Erasure
In accordance with applicable law, you may have the right to: (i) request confirmation of whether we are processing your personal Information; (ii) obtain access to or a copy of your personal information; (iii) receive an electronic copy of personal information that you have provided to us, or ask us to send that information to another company (the “right of data portability”); (iv) restrict our uses of your personal information; (v) seek correction of inaccurate, untrue or incomplete personal information; and (vi) request erasure of personal information held about you by Insight Engines, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as set forth below.
We will process such requests in accordance with applicable laws. To protect your privacy, Insight Engines will take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request.
International Data Transfers
You agree that all information collected via or by Insight Engines may be transferred, processed, and stored anywhere in the world, including but not limited to, the United States, the European Union, in the cloud, on our servers, on the servers of our affiliates, or the servers of our service providers, in order to provide the Services.
Links to Other Websites
Our Services are not directed to people under 13, or in certain jurisdictions, under 16 (“Minors”) and we do not knowingly collect information from Minors. If we learn that we have collected information of a Minor we will take steps to delete such information from our files as soon as possible.
California Privacy Rights
Insight Engines does not share personal information with third parties for their own marketing purposes.
If you are located in the European Economic Area, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you believe our processing of your personal information violates applicable law.
Do Not Track
Our Services do not have the capability to respond to “Do Not Track” signals received from various web browsers.